Welcome to the Keep Fuel Fresh website, sponsored by Gold Eagle Company through its STA-BIL Brand Fuel Stabilizer (“STA-BIL Brand”) & Briggs & Stratton Corporation (“Briggs & Stratton”) (collectively, “the Companies”). The following terms and conditions (together with any documents referred to in them) apply to your use of this site ( “Site”), whether as a guest or a registered user. Any use of either of the Companies’ (or their respective subsidiaries’/affiliates’) individual sites shall be governed by the terms and conditions referenced thereon. By accessing this Site, you represent to Briggs & Stratton & STA-BIL Brand that you are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside) and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and age to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the Site. THESE TERMS CONTAIN WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND ARBITRATION PROVISIONS, INCLUDING YOUR AGREEMENT TO RESOLVE DISPUTES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. PLEASE REVIEW THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW SINCE YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN RIGHTS, SUCH AS THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THE RIGHT TO BRING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Intellectual property
- Accuracy and appearance of site information
- User requirements
- SMS Messages
- Personal Information; User Accounts.
- Disclaimers of warranties
- Limitation of liability
- User participation and submissions
- Copyright complaints and copyright agent
- Links to third party web sites
- Links to Keep Fuel Fresh web site
- International and export issues
- Errors, completeness and modifications
- Governing law
- Mutual arbitration agreement
- Right to terminate
- General Provisions
- Product Description, Pricing, & Availability
- Notice for California Residents
- Legal Notice for New Jersey Residents
1. Intellectual Property
You should assume that everything you see or read at this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and that you may not use any of these materials on the Site except as provided in these Terms and Conditions. The Site and any necessary software used in connection with the Site, the collection, compilation, assembly and arrangement of all images, “look and feel”, photography, graphics, artwork, text and other information and material found on the Site, all Marks (defined below) and other intellectual property relating thereto and all information and data collected through the Site are owned by or is licensed by Briggs & Stratton, STA-BIL Brand or its affiliated companies, suppliers, or partners and contains proprietary information that is protected by all applicable intellectual property laws on a world-wide basis.
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand grant you a limited license to make personal use of the Site. This license grant does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site; (b) the collection and use of any product listings or descriptions; (c) making derivative uses of the Site; or (d) use of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright laws, trademark laws (including trade dress), and communications regulations and statutes. All violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
The Companies names, the terms Briggs & Stratton, STA-BIL Brand, and Keep Fuel Fresh, as well as the Companies logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, whether registered or unregistered (collectively “Marks”) are trademarks of the Companies or its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. You must not use or display such Marks without the prior written permission of the Companies. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and are the trademarks of their respective owners.
2. Accuracy and Appearance of Site Information
Reasonable care has been taken to ensure that all information and materials on the Site are true and correct. The information and materials on the Site are for educational and informational purposes only. The Site may unintentionally contain inaccurate information, whether due to the age of information, error or omission. Product specifications and colors on the Site are subject to change without notice. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, or completeness of any such information or materials.
The Companies will attempt to display the color or products on the Site in an accurate manner. Colors shown are indicative only and may vary from the actual product color due to the variances in desktop screens. However, because your monitor’s display may vary the colors shown, the Companies cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately depict the actual color of the Products.
3. User Requirements
You will use the Site only for purposes of obtaining information about the Companies’ products or services, communicating with the Companies about their products or services, purchasing products or services from the Companies and other purposes for which the Site is intended. You will NOT use the Site to do any of the following:
- Violate these Terms and Conditions or the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, or other rights of any third party;
- Use the Site for any purpose or in any manner that is in violation of local, state, national, or international law;
- Upload, post, email, hack, or otherwise send or transmit any material to the Site that is offensive or contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, equipment, or Site content associated with the Site;
- “Scrape”, “frame” or “mirror’ any parts of the Site without the Companies’ written permission;
- Use the Site for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm, minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, obscene, or unlawful topics, names, materials or information, or any materials, information or content that involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose or solicit employment or contract work;
- Solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form
usersfor employment, contracting, or sales of products or services through the Site without expresswritten permission from the Companies;
- Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’); or
- Use the Site in any other way that, in Companies’ discretion is injurious to the Companies, third parties, or otherwise objectionable.
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may send you confirmation and other transactional emails regarding the Site. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may also send you emails about products or services that they think might interest you (“Marketing Emails”). You can unsubscribe from Marketing Emails at any time by clicking unsubscribe in Briggs & Stratton’s or STA-BIL Brand’s email communications.
5. SMS Messages
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand will only send you SMS messages when you choose to opt-in to the service. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand will send you a message to confirm your signup. Message and data rates may apply. Text “STOP” to cancel. After you send the message “STOP”, Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from them. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand will start sending messages to you again. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
6. Personal Information; User Accounts
- Account, Password and Security. You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password and account provided by you or the Companies for accessing the Site. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur using your password or account. Briggs & Stratton has no control over the use of your account by you or third parties and expressly disclaims any liability resulting from such unauthorized use. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you must contact the Companies immediately. Nothing in this section shall affect the Companies’ rights to limit or terminate the use of the Site, as provided below.
- Proof of Identity. You will provide the Companies with such proof of identity as Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may reasonably request from time to time.
- Internet Access. You are responsible for obtaining any internet access services, mobile data, or any other device or services needed to access the Site or use the materials at your own expense.
7. Disclaimers of Warranties
THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND UPDATE THE INFORMATION AT THE SITE PERIODICALLY, BUT THEY MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THAT INFORMATION AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION AT THE SITE. BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION AND DATA PROTECTION, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO THIS SITE FOR ANY RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA.
BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE.
8. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND, THEIR AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, THEIR SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS OR DEALERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MANDATARIES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST REVENUES OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY THIRD PARTY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY SUCH SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED TO SERVICE, REPAIR OR CORRECT EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS OF SUCH ACTIVITIES. BRIGGS & STRATTON AND STA-BIL BRAND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY TO YOU RELATED TO THE INFORMATION YOU FIND ON THE SITE.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE REASONABLE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REASONABLE, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SITE.
APPLICABLE LAW IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, COMPANY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THAT APPLICABLE LAW.
9. User Participation and Submissions
This Site may contain an active forum where you may post content (“Your Content”). Your Content is not endorsed in any way by Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are not in any manner responsible for Your Content. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand reserve the right to block or remove Your Content or User Comments for any reason at any time.
Users should not send any confidential or proprietary information or materials to Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand through this Site. Any communication or material you transmit through this Site or post to this Site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be made public. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand have no obligation to respond to your communications or Your Content.
You are solely responsible for Your Content, and Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are merely a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Content. You hereby represent and warrant that Your Content; (a) will comply at all times with these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to Section 3 (User Requirements) above; and (b) will not create liability for the Companies or cause them to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand’s customers, partners, or suppliers.
You hereby grant the Companies a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute all of Your Content, including but not limited to all images, videos, pictures, musical works, audio and text included in such postings in any and all media, including, without limitation, social media, printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, or web sites, in connection with and/or as part of the Companies’ respective businesses, including in connection with and/or in any advertising in perpetuity throughout the world as Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand in their sole discretion see fit without further consent or payment. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand have all right, title, and interest in any and all results and proceeds from such use of Your Content. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand have the right to transfer the aforementioned rights to use Your Content to any third party, including, but not limited to, any of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may alter, adapt, or edit Your Content and any further material created under these Terms and Conditions, and market and exploit it entirely at Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand’s sole discretion. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are not obliged to make any use of Your Content or exercise any of the rights granted by these Terms and Conditions.
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand do not accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or improvements to their products or services. Therefore, do not send such unsolicited ideas or materials for products or improvements to products or services to Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand (even within Your Content), in any form and by any means. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand do not assume any liability for the receipt of such unsolicited ideas or materials.
You understand that Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand may be working on the same or a similar idea or concept to any ideas, expression of ideas or other materials you submit within Your Content, that Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand may already know of such an idea or concept from other sources, or that Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand may simply wish to develop this (or a similar idea) on their own or they may have taken/will take some other action. Do not submit Content to this website that you believe contains your intellectual property rights.
10. Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent
If you believe that a posting on the Site violates your copyright or other rights, please submit a claim of infringement to Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand in a written complaint that complies with the requirements below and deliver to the respective company agent to receive notification of claimed infringement at:
By mail: Briggs & Stratton Corporation Attn: IP Counsel PO Box 702 Wauwatosa, WI 53202-0702
By mail: Gold Eagle Company c/o STA-BIL Brand, 4400 South Kildare Ave, Chicago, IL 60632
Any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary right must include the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed; (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials; (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Companies to locate the material; (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Companies to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or electronic mail address; (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law; (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and (g) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed or of the person who has allegedly been defamed. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c) (3).You should be aware that, under the Act, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand will respond to such written notices in its sole discretion.
11. Links to Third Party Web Sites
This Site may contain links (such as hyperlinks) from the Site to, and plug-ins from, sites or applications owned, operated or controlled by third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Sites”) as a convenience to you, but Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand make no representations whatsoever about those Third Party Sites. Any links or plug-ins to a Third Party Site does not imply that Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are affiliated with or connected to the Third Party Site. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand make no warranties regarding the content or activities of the Third Party Site. YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY SITES AT YOUR OWN RISK. BRIGGS & STRATTON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS, USE AND/OR VIEWING OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE TO HOLD BRIGGS & STRATTON HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM THIRD-PARTY SITES.
12. Links to Keep Fuel Fresh Web Site
You may create links to the Keep Fuel Fresh Site, provided you do so in accordance with the following terms:
- The linking site may not create a browser or
boarderenvironment or use any other techniques that altersin any way the appearance of this Site.
- The linking site may not misrepresent Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand’s relationships with the linking site.
- The linking site may not imply that Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand endorse the linking site or the linking site’s products or services.
- The linking site may not use any logo or mark of Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand without their respective permission.
- The linking site may not present false or misleading information about Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand.
- The linking site may not contain unlawful, offensive, abusive, pornographic or obscene material.
As a condition of linking to this Site, you agree that Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may terminate permission to link to this Site at any time. You also agree to immediately remove all links to this Site if asked to do so.
13. International and Export Issues
This Site is administered by Gold Eagle Company/STA-BIL Brand based in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. Briggs & Stratton, STA-BIL Brand & Gold Eagle Company make no representation that the information and materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States, and accessing the Site from territories where use of such information or materials is illegal is prohibited.
You may not use, export or re-export the materials at this Site or any copy or adaptations in violation of any applicable law or regulation including without limitation U.S. export laws and applicable regulations. If you access this Site from outside the United States, such access is on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with applicable country and local laws.
14. Errors, Completeness and Modifications
This Site may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may fix the errors or update the Site at any time without prior notice, but Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are under no obligation to update the Site or correct any errors. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may suspend or discontinue the Site or modify or remove materials from the Site at any time without prior notice.
15. Governing Law
Except for the Arbitration Agreement (referenced in the section below), which is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
16. Mutual Arbitration Agreement
- Covered Claims. BRIGGS & STRATTON, STA-BIL BRAND AND GOLD EAGLE COMPANY (“THE COMPANIES”) AND YOU MUTUALLY AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS OR DISPUTES, PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST “THE COMPANIES” OR THAT “THE COMPANIES” MAY HAVE AGAINST YOU, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR A VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED BELOW, SHALL BE DECIDED BY AN ARBITRATOR THROUGH ARBITRATION AND NOT BY A JUDGE OR JURY OR ANY OTHER ADJUDICATORY PROCEEDING (“Arbitration Agreement”). However, the only claims and disputes subject to arbitration are those that, in the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, could be brought under applicable law.
- Authority. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Arbitration Agreement. The preceding sentence shall not apply to the Class Action Waiver described in Section 17(e) below. Regardless of anything else in these Terms and Conditions and/or the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) rules or procedures, any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the Class Action Waiver may only be determined by a court and not an arbitrator.
- Governing Law. This Arbitration Agreement and this Section 17 are governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq.) (“FAA”).
- Excluded Claims and Disputes. You and Briggs & Stratton agree that the following claims or disputes are excluded from and not covered by this Arbitration Agreement: (1) any claim or dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or Briggs & Stratton’s intellectual property rights; (2) individual claims brought in small claims court; (3) any claim that an applicable federal statute expressly states cannot be arbitrated; and (4) any claim for injunctive relief. Additionally, nothing in this Arbitration Agreement prevents making a report to or filing a claim or charge with a government agency. WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BE A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION. The parties agree to bring any claim or dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action, and there will be no right or authority for any claim or dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action (“Class Action Waiver”).
Governing Proceeding. The arbitration will be conducted before a single
arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA
Rules”) of the AAA and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary
Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”),
both of which are available at the AAA website (www.adr.org).
- A party who wishes to arbitrate a claim or dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement must initiate an arbitration proceeding no later than the expiration of the statute of limitations that applicable law prescribes for the claim asserted. The arbitrator shall apply the statute of limitations that would have applied if the claim or dispute had been brought in court. The arbitrator may award any remedy to which a party is entitled under applicable law and these Terms and Conditions, but remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in his or her individual capacity. No remedies that otherwise would be available under applicable law will be forfeited. The arbitrator shall apply the substantive federal, state, or local law applicable to the claims asserted. The arbitrator is without authority to apply any different substantive law. The parties have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any dispute in this regard shall be decided by the arbitrator. The arbitration proceeding shall take place in the city or county where you reside unless each party agrees otherwise. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter judgment upon the arbitrator’s decision/award.
- The fees for administering the arbitration and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). In all cases where required by law, “The Companies” will pay the arbitrator’s fees and the fee for administering the arbitration. If under applicable law “The Companies” are not required to pay all of the arbitrator’s and/or arbitration fees, such fee(s) will be apportioned in accordance with applicable law and the AAA Rules and/or AAA Consumer Rules, and any disputes in that regard will be resolved by the arbitrator. Parties are responsible for their own attorney’s fees, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Briggs & Stratton, STA-BIL Brand and Gold Eagle Company; their subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers and licensors; and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors and suppliers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from, directly or indirectly: (a) your use of or inability to use the Site; (b) your violation of these Terms and Conditions, (c) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; d) your violation of the rights of another; or (e) Your Content. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand reserve the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without the prior written consent of Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand.
18. Right to Terminate
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand reserve the right to block, deny or terminate your access to or use of the Site without notice, at any time for any reason. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand may decide to cease operating the Site at any time in their sole discretion.
19. General Provisions.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created with you by these Terms and Conditions. Further, Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are independent contractors; their respective sponsorships of this Keep Fuel Fresh website shall not be construed to be a partnership, principal/agent relationship, or joint venture. A failure by the Companies to enforce any provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you, Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, except where prohibited by applicable state law.
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms and Conditions. All notices provided by a party in connection with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows: Your address for such notices is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Briggs & Stratton or STA-BIL Brand.
Briggs & Stratton’s address for such notices is Briggs & Stratton Corporation, Attn: General Counsel, Legal Department, and PO Box 702, Wauwatosa, WI 53202-0702.
STA-BIL Brand’s address for such notices is Gold Eagle Company, Attn: General Counsel, 4400 South Kildare Ave. Chicago, IL 60632.
The captions in these Terms and Conditions are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall not be modified except in writing signed by both parties or by means of a new posting by the Companies, as described below. These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted as if jointly drafted by the parties. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing its obligations in these Terms and Conditions where such failure or delay is caused by an event or circumstance beyond Briggs & Stratton’s and STA-BIL Brand’s reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
20. Product Descriptions, Pricing and Availability
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand make available listings, descriptions, images, features, specifications and prices regarding the products and services they offer for sale on the Site (“Products”). Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions of the Products on the Site are approximate and are provided for convenience only. The inclusion of any Products on the Site does not imply or warrant that these Products will be available upon time of order or available at the previously listed price.
All prices posted on this Site are subject to change without notice. Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand are not responsible for pricing, typographical, or other errors in any offer by them and they reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.
Online prices may vary between pricing in retail stores and the Sites.
Always read labels, warnings, directions, and other information provided with the Product before using the Product.
21. Notice for California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please contact us.
You may contact Briggs & Stratton by writing to Briggs & Stratton Corporate Headquarters, P.O. Box 702 Milwaukee, WI, 53201, or by calling us at 1 (800) 444-7774. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
22. Legal Notice For New Jersey Residents
The New Jersey Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice ACT (“TCCWNA”) places limitations on what the provisions of certain written contracts, such as contracts which include any provision that violates any clearly established legal right of a consumer, or responsibility of a seller, as established by state or federal law. Under the TCCWNA, no consumer contract may state that any of its provisions are or may be void, unenforceable or inapplicable in some jurisdictions without specifying which provisions are or are not void, unenforceable or inapplicable in New Jersey. The following provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be applicable to New Jersey residents: (1) in the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability section, (a) the provision concerning limiting our liability for any loss or damage is not applicable to New Jersey residents to the extent we were negligent or have breached our obligation to you, and (b) the provision concerning the exclusion or limitation of certain damages is not applicable to New Jersey residents with respect to punitive damages, loss of data and loss of or damage to property; (2) in the Indemnification section, the provision concerning the indemnification by you is not applicable to New Jersey residents unless you were negligent or have breached these Terms and Conditions; and (3) in the Arbitration section, the provision concerning the exclusion or limitation of certain damages is not applicable to New Jersey residents with respect to punitive damages, loss of data, and loss of or damage to property.
Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. You should review these Terms and Conditions and those elsewhere on Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand’s site often since they are binding upon you, may be modified periodically, and may be superseded by specific terms elsewhere on Briggs & Stratton and STA-BIL Brand’s site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of revised Terms and Conditions means that you accept and consent to the changes.